Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Wednesday Thoughts


(doesn't it count if I thought of the stuff on Tuesday?)


  • I might have finished a normal post today - if I hadn't discovered two new blogs from a very good friend, Ellie Belen. But that was an excellent trade-off. I had no idea Ellie was blogging - and I think she is a wonderful writer. You can decide for yourself by checking out her blogs at Distracting Minutia and Martial Arts Class Diaries .

  • Because the Middle-Aged Woman leaves for work before I do, I will often find her nightshirt or other sleeping gear tossed in a heap on our bed. I like thinking of my wife's beautiful body while I fold her bed clothes.

  • There can be some competition for bathroom time in my house. Such was the case when The Girl (my 19-year-old daughter aka Ms. Partly Cloudy) barged in on me the other morning. The bathroom is located near (what passes for) the master bedroom in our home* - it has sliding "pocket" doors on either side. When I'm in that bathroom and I hear approaching footsteps, I will often clear my throat or make a noise to help avoid any awkward encounters. But The Girl was moving at top speed and oblivious to any warnings I might make. So as she briskly slid open one of the doors, I greeted her in a loud, cheery voice -
"Howz it going?!"

"Jesus Christ!!!!!" She lept backward and slammed shut the pocket door.

"No - he's not in here. It's just me."
  • The Wings couldn't finish off the Anaheim Ducks in Game 6 of their Stanley Cup playoff series tonight. The seventh and final game will be played in Detroit on Thursday night. The winner of that game will go on to play the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals. GO WINGS!

  • I excercised twice on Monday (treadmill in the morning, marital arts in the evening); just the treadmill Tuesday morning. Staying up late for the hockey game could ruin my streak Wednesday morning. But I've been on a pretty good roll so far this week.

  • Full-time employment is really starting to interfere with my blogging. I seem to get a flood of ideas in the morning that I would like to get down on...electrons** while they're fresh in my mind. Sometimes I sneak a few minutes during lunch to read or make a comment. But it's really cramping my style. I wonder if I can get someone to pay me to do THIS? (I didn't think so - perhaps male prostitution. Oh, wait - I already do that...in a way.)

  • It's getting late. I've been random enough. Preparing posts with audio and text has been a lot more work than I imagined - but I think it's been worth it.

Take care.


* It is distinguishable as the "master" bedroom only because the MAW and I sleep there.
** Screen? You know what I mean...

7 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Doesn't the Crackberry have a voice recorder function on it? Pull it out like Dale Cooper when you have those ideas.

Love you.

Anne Percival Kruszka said...

You practice MARITAL Arts? I thought after all those years, you'd be a pro?

Ellie Belen Ambrose said...

That's one vision she'll be trying to forget for years to come.

Jess said...

Awww! You fold her PJ's for her!! That is so sweet! I always find Krystal's in a heap on the bathroom floor. I just heap them up and throw them on her side of the bed! And you TOTALLY should have taken that opportunity to moon the SHIT out of The Daughter...just stick your ass right up to the door so when she opens it...ahhhhh, I am dying laughing just thinking about it!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

That's sweet you fold her pj's. I leave wife's where ever she left them.

Pamela said...

did you really mean marital arts? because i've never heard it referred to as such before. it's my birthday, so i'm probably in for some marital arts tonight.

Jim Styro said...

MAW: Pull what out like Dale Cooper? Out of my crack? I thought this was a family-oriented blog.

TL & Pamela: See what happens when you get an eye out of place? Truthfully, the marital arts workout didn't take place until Tuesday night. Bow-chicka-bow-wow! [I thought this was a family-oriented blog.]

Jess & Capt. DA: Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here? And mooning my daughter - I don't think so! [I thought this was a family-oriented blog.]

Pamela: Happy Birthday! Hope the marital arts go swimmingly.