Thursday, May 28, 2009

Defensemen working overtime*

Revel in your revenge, Capt. Dumbass!

Weep bitterly, LiteralDan.

Tremble at our approach, ye Pitts-burgers!

RED WINGS PLAYOFF UPDATE: Detroit vs. Chicago

The Wings defeated the Blackhawks in OVERTIME
Wednesday night by a score of 2-1.
Detroit wins the best of seven series, 4 games to 1
and advances to the Stanley Cup Finals
for a second straight year to face the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Sure, we had to play the hot-shot kids from Chicago with two of our best players in their street clothes the last two games. Sure, we had most of our defensemen on the ice for nearly two-thirds of the game tonight. Sure, we had the "old team" playing in their third overtime game out of five. But we won.

It was a good game - especially if you live in Detroit.

Take care.


* Apologies to Andy Patridge for the title


7 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Before I fell asleep last night, I worked on the victory haiku in my head.

Jim Styro said...

I checked your blog. Clearly, the haiku remains in your head.

Jess said...

I am so unaware of what you speak of...this hockey thing.

historymike said...

The NHL's retarded decision to schedule three games in four days (including back-to-back in Detroit Saturday/Sunday) will likely hurt the Wings more than the Penguins.

However, I remain a faithful Red Wings fan, and I see a 7-game Wings Stanley Cup victory.

Captain Dumbass said...

Thank you, Red Wings.

Jim, your response to MAW was fantastic. Hope your couch is comfortable.

Jim Styro said...

Jess: Get with the program, girlie! Come on over to our place and we'll provide a tutorial on "How to Watch and Enjoy a Hockey Game". You'll be glad to know it involves beer.

Mikey: I'm not good on predicting numbers of games for victory. I say we let them play until the Wings win the Stanley Cup again.

Cap'n: Thanks - but who's sleeping? That is so "last millenium".

Jess said...

Ohhhh! Well why didn't you say so before! I am IN!