- Today was the first of May. It was also the first day of the month I call "The Month When It Probably Won't Snow Anymore".
- The Canucks beat the Blackhawks last night in Vancouver. The Wings beat the Ducks in Detroit tonight. Are Captain Dumbass and Captain Dick on a collision course for the Western Conference finals?
- I haven't had any exercise this week - I think it's been two weeks since I've been to martial arts training. I tried to kill myself last Saturday during a 10-hour move. I've been working funky hours, not sleeping enough. I haven't exactly taken good care of myself. What I need is a good workout.
- For some reason, I've had this Paul Simon song running through my mind today:
I was reading a magazine
and thinking of a rock and roll song
The year was 1954 and I hadn't been playing that long
When a man came on the radio
And this is what he said
He said, "I hate to break it to his fans
But Johnny Ace is dead"
--The Late Great Johnny Ace
- If the Tigers can keep getting decent pitching (the last couple nights have been spotty), they will do well this season. Miguel Cabrera's 3-run homer just pulled the Tigres within a run of Cleveland in the bottom of the eighth.
- If I don't stay up too late tonight, I bet I could finish two good posts tomorrow.
- If I win the Mega Millions drawing tonight, I still plan to go to work on Monday. For at least part of the day.
- I wonder if I could post every day for an entire year? [To which his readers replied: If you keep posting this weak sh*t, who cares?]
- The Maypole is a phallic symbol, isn't it?
- I hope you have a good weekend, wherever you are.