Monday, May 25, 2009

Decoration Day*

It's Decoration Day - so I'm decorating.

Since I am still a relative neophyte in the Blogiverse, it has taken me some time to prepare for the awesome responsibility that was laid upon me almost a month ago - that is, to pass on some blog awards. Both the Middle-Aged Woman and Pamela from The Dayton Time were kind enough to present me with awards within a few days of each other - but, until now, I have failed to live up to my part of the bargain and pass along the awards to other deserving bloggers. But, on this Memorial Day, I plan to right that wrong - and bestow both the

Zombie Chicken

[The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...]




and
Kreative Blogger Awards

[Rules for the award: List 7 things you love (or six things that make you happy, or pick your own set of rules...) and pass the award along to 7 friends whose blogs you love.]



to

I have enjoyed immensely the work of all the ladies and gentlemen listed above - and aspire to make my efforts worthy of their interest. Getting the formatting of this post to look right has been a real pain in the @$$ so I'm going to put in my required comments (per the award requirements) and post this bad boy before I screw it up.

Thing I love / that make me happy:

1. God

2. My family & friends

3. Music / singing

4. Art (a good film, story, picture, song)

5. Writing

6. Eating

7. Sex

Men are relatively simple creatures after all. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Take care.

* http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

No comments: