Friday, May 29, 2009

Last night I had a dream*

Yesterday was my son's last day of high school. Last night, I backed into his best friend's car. I mean, I dreamed I backed into Joey's car. Actually, I don't think he has his own car.

I don't remember my dreams much. Another fragment from a recent dream:

I was singing with the Gospel Choir at church. We were doing a song with lyrics from a poem I wrote in high school called "Since God is kind". (If my recollection is accurate, the first line is "I wish I was a duck.")

Unfortunately, nobody seemed to know the song (even me, I only knew the words). One of the altos was asked to sing the solo - and she was struggling. We were all trying to fake our way through the song.

I haven't had one of those falling dreams in a while. I've fallen out of planes, from high buildings - normally in crowded, urban areas. I don't ever seem to hit the ground.

I'm not one to dwell on or assume some special significance of dreams. And I don't spend much time trying to remember them.

I don't have any snappy conclusion to this. If I had gotten more sleep last night, I think this would be a better post.

Take care.


* Thanks to Randy Newman for the title. "Everybody scared me - but you scared me the most..."

5 comments:

Jess said...

Dreams. They can ruin sleep like that! Take something with codeine and go to sleep...THOSE are some whack dreams!

Jim Styro said...

Jess: I wish dreams had messed with my sleep! I was working from 9:30 pm to 3:30 am.
Where the hell IS that orangutan?!

unmitigated me said...

Not only does Joe not have a car, he doesn't have a license yet.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, seriously, I have had that dream too where we were singing as a chorus, no one knew the words, and we were all trying to fake our way through the lyrics. When I was with Disney, I had those dreams ALL THE TIME.

Jim Styro said...

I'm not sure I've had a performance anxiety dream (concerning that kind of performance) before. But I'm a notorious dream forgetter - so who know?