Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If excuses were horses...
beggars would ride


Above is pictured the stack of debit card slips that I entered into Microsoft Money last night - instead of writing a decent blog post.

Once they are entered, they get placed into envelopes - until I balance the checking account (for that month - or, in this case, quarter...millenium) - and look like this:



Lastly: A big THANK YOU to Jess at This Life Is Mine for the cool award she bestowed.



I hope someday to prove myself worthy. But not today.

Take care.

5 comments:

Jess said...

YAY!! Cool award!! Wahoo! You are welcome!

Captain Dumbass said...

That is impressive.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Isn't it annoying how real life keeps intruding on blog life?

Jim Styro said...

Jess: And I owe it all to you.

Captain: And you have no IDEA how many of those little pieces of paper represent charges for eating out! (Wendy's, KFC, Burger King, Olive Garden, Panera, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, Quinos, Rio Wraps, Mr. Pita. But first and foremost - Taco Bell.) It was staggering to me - and I KNOW how often we eat out (that is, constantly).

Jeanne: You got that right, Lady. I haven't even participated in the Flash Fiction challenges since before my vacation - and I love those things. I feel like a bit of a heel for being such a party pooper. But real life has intruded - big time.

Ellie Belen Ambrose said...

Wow. It begs the question, why? Why do you do that to yourself? Just open up the monthly statement and say, "Well that looks about right." like the rest of us.

I'm kidding. I do the same thing, but your receipts are much neater than mine.