Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Scottish Play



Yep - that's me in the back row, far left. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR matey!

Now that the play is over, I'm hoping to have more time to write. My blog output since return from vacation has been pretty shameful. But maybe I'm just facing the reality that I can't continue to stay up until 1 or 2 AM each morning, thinking deep thoughts (at least they seem so at that hour) and writing them down.

Anyway, my family reunion is this weekend - so the The Girl, The Boy and I are headed to Cadillac, MI on Friday. Although it would seem that my output would suffer under such conditions, I expect that the hotel will have free Internet - and that I can borrow a laptop from either my kids or my job.

Let the good times roll.

And speaking of roles: Next time I get to be a slob. More on that later.

Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that there was a pirate in McBeth! Where's your parrot?
Looks like fun, hope you didn't forget any of your lines.

Jim Styro said...

In truth, there is no pirate. But I wasn't in Macbeth either. I was in The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society’s Production of Macbeth, a farce about an amatuer women's theater group performing Macbeth. My character was a member of the Guild of Drama Adjudicators, who gives his evaluation of the performance at the close of ths show; I thought it might enhance the humorous impact if I delivered the evaluation in pirate's garb.

I used a flamingo rather than a parrot (I removed him prior to the photo, I guess) - again, for the humorous impact. And I only messed up some lines in my big speech that ends the play during the second of our three performances. It was fun - and we saved the best for our last performance on Saturday.