Monday, February 5, 2024

On The VERGE


Here's my post on the New York Time's Wordle Review comments for yesterday.

Wordle 960 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 SHONE   193 WL
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ TRAIL          8 WL
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 MERGE       1 WL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 VERGE

WordleBot
Skill 99/99
Luck 41/99
Streak 711

Oh, so we’re back to the old “Guess #1 matches the E & Guess #2 gives you a single Yellow letter” deal, is that it?  

Today, Guess #1 was E as Letter 5 and Guess #2 was R someplace else.  But detailed record-keeping provided guidance from Game #795 (VERVE on 8/23/2023), so I knew The Bot’s favorite in that scenario was MERGE (which had *not* been a previous solution) and I used it for Guess #3.  It wasn’t the solution  — but I could see that I was on the VERGE of victory.  I changed an M to a V and watched all the letters turn green.  I tied The Bot but bested to the (current) NYT avg (4 vs. 4.8).  

Saw “The Zone Of Interest” in my quest to see all the Best Picture nominees again this year, before the Oscar telecast.  A disturbing film (as it should be, given the subject matter) but very well-done. 

And Rie (aka The Girl aka My Daughter -- remembering to blog in code takes a lot of effort) went with me to church yesterday morning!  So I call that a good day.

Take care and stay safe.

No comments: