Monday, January 8, 2024

The Joy Of "Extraordinary Luck"

I've decided to continue posting my Wordle comments here at the risk of boring those who don't partake of the game - primarily because it doesn't appear that anyone is actually reading this stuff anyway.  And it provides me (at least) with a convenient history of what I've posted to the NYT (searching for stuff in the comments is quite a chore -- trust me).

I posted this on the New York Time's Wordle Review comments yesterday --  

Wordle 932 2/6

🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜ SHONE   1 WL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 STONY

WordleBot
Skill 99/99
Luck 99/99
Streak 683

Well, there’s LUCKY — and then there’s *extraordinarily* LUCKY.  Today, the Bot described me as that second one, since Guess #1 gave me three letters (S, O & N, all in position) and left only one possible solution remaining.  Getting Double 99s for Skill AND Luck is quite a rare occurrence for me (I expect for everyone else too), so I’m not going to ruin it with a lot of superfluous chatter.  But I was quite pleased to defeat both The Bot (2 vs 3) and the (current) NYT avg (2 vs. 3.9). 

The Detroit Lions won their 12th game of the season this afternoon (after getting robbed by the officials during the Dallas game last week) and the Michigan Wolverines play for the National Championship tomorrow night.  GO BLUE!  Hope everyone had a fine finish to the weekend. 

Take care and stay safe.

No comments: