Friday, January 19, 2024

Fizzy Lifting Drinks

Yesterday's Wordle solution was STOLE.  And that word always seems to remind me of this scene from the original Willy Wonka.  

For more Wordle nerdihood, I refer you to my post on the New York Time's Wordle Review comments yesterday.

Wordle 943 3/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩 SHONE   12 WL
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨 KEMPT     3 WL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 STOLE

WordleBot
Skill 91/99
Luck 61/99
Streak 694

Plenty of luck & knowledge imparted through nerdy record-keeping got me back under par this morning.  I knew from Game #917 (SLOPE on 12/23/2023) that there were really only seven words remaining after Guess #1 (adjusting for previous solutions).  I had made a note to myself in December to try KEMPT next, to ensure only 1 solution would remain.  And so it came to pass, as I matched T (out of position) on Guess #2.  Since SMOTE and STOKE couldn’t be the solution, I typed in STOLE and watched all the letters go green.  I tied The Bot (whose favorite Guess #2 went from LIONS to LOINS today; such a fickle fan of an AI) and bested the (current) NYT avg (3 vs. 3.4).  The Magic Number is 6 to reach 700 consecutive wins. 

In other news, a good friend - unable to understand why I hadn't yet watched "Breaking Bad" - loaned me his Bluray set of the complete series, as an encouragement to enter Walter White's world.  I finished Season One last night and proceeded immediately into Season Two.  A favorite moment so far is the scene of Walter's family staging an intervention (in Season One) and the "Talking Pillow."

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care and stay safe.


No comments: