Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Jim Styro's COVID-19 Update, 2020-03-17

Just when you thought I'd never post again...here I am.

OK - I know you weren't thinking about me (posting or otherwise).  But I've got to start somewhere.

If you (or your significant other – using your email address rather than their own) make regular on-line purchases, I expect that you are receiving multiple emails every day from businesses, organizations, government entities – all wanting to tell you about the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.  I, for one, think that MY experiences & insights on this matter are equally valid and noteworthy – so I have decided to victimi post my musings here.

Since this is my first post in several years, I’ll start with the basics –

  • I do not currently have COVID-19.  [Full disclosure:  I have not been tested for COVID-19.]
  • I feel better than James Brown.  [Full disclosure:  James Brown died on Christmas Day 2006.]
  • For the past 3 days, I have walked two miles each day.  [Full disclosure:  In those two hours of walking, I only saw one other human outside.  I maintained appropriate social distancing.]
  • I haven’t been able to find toilet paper in stock at the Livonia (MI) Costco in two weeks.  [Full disclosure:  My son-in-law, Derrick, was able to find some at the Target on Grand River in Farmington Hills, MI.]
  • You can purchase a Large Plain Rabbit at biologyproducts.com for only $29.  [Full disclosure:  As the site warns, “Product is not alive nor is it edible."]
 Since my Music Night workload has been greatly reduced, I completed a personal music collection which I’m calling “All Over The Place.”  I’ll be working on the lyric notes prior to distribution. 

That’s all I have for today.  In the words of Sgt. Phil Esterhaus, “Let’s be careful out there.”  Or as I always say...

Take care.

No comments: